Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cracking Nuts

Well last night it was the nutcracker, and I have to say, what a great auditorium.

The acoustics were so amazing, I could hear the little triangle from all the way in the orchestra pit out to my seat, and could not see a single speaker or amp anywhere.
The orchestra was clear and played very well, sounded brilliant.
I recognized so many of the tunes they played from ads on TV.

I have to say thanks to my parents for telling me all about the story of the nutcracker when I was young, i really recognised the parts of the story... NOT!

Hehe, I had to do a fast and furious read of the synopsis during intermission, because I had no idea what was going on; who would have thought that a ballet would have all dancing and no dialogue!
I guess that's fine, cos all the speaking would have been in Russian anyway.

Anyway, the production was really well done, superb costumes and the sets were very cool and Aimee really enjoyed herself.

No comments: